Saturday 13 September 2014

Top 5 Collections of NYFW

New York Fashion Week came to a close two days ago, after a fast-paced, action-packed eight days. Designers such as Donna Karan, Venexia and Custo Barcelona showcased their long-awaited SS15 collections and every show was swamped - full of people craning their necks just to get a peek of the trends and styles to look forward to in a years time. This is a countdown - from five to one- of my favourite Spring/Summer 2015 Collections of New York Fashion Week.

5: Jeremy Scott 

 

 
 
So what I love about this collection is the hippie vibe flowing through it! I feel like we always see 90s grunge and preppy throwbacks; and 60s Twiggy throwbacks but how often do we see a revival of the hippy trend? Ermmmmm... Never. It was just great to see something different that takes risks and exudes creativity and individuality. 













4: Whit



 I was really drawn to this collection because of the mixture of classy and chilled. Alot of the time, I find, collections that aim for the classy look go overboard. That is to say that' classy' is often misinterpreted as 'formal'. This collection strikes the correct balance between the two, throwing in bomber jackets and holographic slip ons, as well as revealing skin with the sheer material. All in all, a very well earned number 4!












3: Milly


 

 

At number 3 we have Milly. I think what drew my eye to this collection in particular was the colours. White is obviously a main theme, as well as those ombred pastels and cobalt. Another main theme was the oversized jackets.It just reminded me of the sort of thing you would nick from your boyfriend's wardrobe.














2:Maison Kitsune




 

 

 

You must know why I chose this one! 90s preppy throwback! I saw this collection and could think only one thing - Clueless. I half expected to see Cher and Dionne posing in one of these pics! All I can say is this collection is SPOT ON. I would wear all of these outfits and feel good doing it!














And at number 1 (drum roll please)...

Adam Selman












What can I say? I loved the converses - I am definitely a converse girl; the macs - I've been planning on re-introducing the oversized mac (Lindsey from Freaks and Geeks); the white dungarees in waterproof material; visors; and bandanas tied around visors - deemed safe by Donna Karan in her DKNY SS14 collection! I loved it all! Well done Adam Selman!

Do you guys agree? Is my list in the wrong order? Have I missed anyone out? Let me know in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys so please, comment away! I will try to respond to every message and take a look at every blog! God bless :)